I woke up this morning with a worse head than yesterday, but I went downstairs in my PJs and took some painkillers had some toast and drank, lots! It wasn't too bad after a while, but my brain was too fuddled to risk sewing!! By 3 it was much better though, so I finished sewing the skirt onto Clare's ballgown and sewed down the neck binding while attaching the lace trim. 2 Hooks and bars later and it's all finished!
I keep forgetting to take flash photos - you can't see the sparkle at all! All of the decoration, except the braid round the neck, is made up of gold and silver spangles!
Once Clare's dress was done, and I had proved to myself that my brain was working properly again, I got to work on my 1820s dress. I mocked up a beret sleeve but didn't really like it, although that may have been because I used a floppy old sheet instead of something crisp! But anyway, I decided to go with a puff sleeve instead, and using my Regency puff as a starting point drafted up a much poufier sleeve than I've made before! The taffetta backed with cotton organdy make for a very full sleeve indeed!!
Tomorrow morning I'm up bright and early to take the puppy to get her hair cut, so hopefully I'll have a productive day, just as long as my headache holds off - I can feel it rumbling in the background right now ... :(